Table of Contents
- 1 Kitchen Knives Reviews: Introduction
- 2 Best Kitchen Knives Set Reviews: J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL 8 Piece Steak Knife Set
- 3 Henckels Kitchen Knives Reviews: J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL Classic 4-inch Paring Knife
- 4 Best Japanese Kitchen Knife Reviews: Tojiro DP Gyutou- 8.2 inches (21 Cm)
- 5 Best Cutlery Kitchen Knife Set Reviews: Chicago Cutlery Fusion Knife Block Set 1090390, 18 pcs, Stainless Steel
- 6 Best Stainless Steel Knife Block Set Reviews: Ginsu 7108 Chikara 8-Piece Stainless Steel Knife Set with Bamboo Block
- 7 Best Kitchen Cutlery Set: Chicago Cutlery 19 Piece Knife Block with In-Block Sharpener and Cutting Board, Stainless Steel
- 8 Victorinox Kitchen Knives Set Reviews: Victorinox 4-3/4-Inch Straight-Edge Pointed-Tip Steak Knife, Set of 6, Rosewood Handles
- 9 Best Japanese Chef Knife Reviews: Yoshihiro VG10 16 Layers Hammered Damascus Gyuto Japanese Chefs Knife 8.25 in (Western style Mahogany Handle)
- 10 Wusthof Knife Set Reviews: Wusthof Classic 5-Piece Studio Knife Set
- 11 Kitchen Knives Set Reviews: Chicago Cutlery Belden 15-Piece Block Knife Set
- 12 Choose The Right Knife
- 13 Types of Kitchen Knife
- 14 Conclusion
Kitchen Knives Reviews: Introduction
This kitchen knives reviews will help you to select the best kitchen tools for your kitchen. Our very own kitchen will never be complete without the ever useful kitchen knives. To ensure that this item serves all its purpose well, manufacturers have made different types of top quality kitchen knives. Each manufacturer offers unique features of their products. Because of this, buying one has been made extra challenging because many brands are already thriving in the market. To help you choose the right and best affordable kitchen knives, some best kitchen knives reviews can help you make a better purchasing decision.
So what are the best kitchen knives set?
Below are some best kitchen knife reviews of 10 popular and best affordable kitchen knives in the market also high quality kitchen knives in the world:
Best Kitchen Knives Set Reviews: J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL 8 Piece Steak Knife Set
J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL 8-pc Steak Knife Set is a excellent kitchen tools for small kitchen tasks. The Eversharp 8 Piece Steak henckels kitchen knife set is manufactured by J.A. Henckels International which is located in Pleasantville, New York.
The Eversharp 8 Piece steak knife is worth buying because it is durable and can really give you quality services. The Henckels knife set is highly recommended for use by many satisfied users. The Eversharp Steak Knife can provide you the best slices of the meat you intend to cook. With the Eversharp Steak Knife, making steak will no longer a problem.
Some users complained that the knife they’ve received became rusty right after they used it. However, this complaint can be avoided when the knife is properly used. Steel could easily rust when excessively exposed to salt water or too much acid. If used for other common items, the item’s longevity can be maintained.
Although not 100% of the clients became 100% satisfied, it can’t be denied that the product has still been a great help to many kitchen folks. And it’s continually becoming a boon for domestic and household chefs as per kitchen knife reviews.
Some of the special features of the Eversharp steak henckels knife set are:
- The Eversharp steak knife needs not be sharpened because it has a serrated cutting edge.
- It is made of high quality steel.
- It has a heavyweight stainless steel blade.
- It has a smooth and shiny blade and a satin edge.
- It is dishwasher safe which makes it easier to clean.
- The knife is durable and has a corrosion resistant blade and handle.
Henckels Kitchen Knives Reviews: J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL Classic 4-inch Paring Knife
J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL Classic 4-inch Paring Knife, The Classic 4 inch Paring knife set includes a 3.5 inch paring knife, a 3 inch vegetable knife and a 2 inch peeling knife. The Classic 4 inch Paring Knives are ideal for smaller kitchen tasks.
Its handles are narrow and shallow which can give a handling problem to the user.
It is apparent that the product’s benefits still outweigh its drawbacks. This means that it remains a worthwhile kitchen buddy for everyone. It’s reasonably priced and ultimately efficient.
The Classic 4-inch Paring Knife is manufactured by J.A. Henckels International which is based in Pleasantville, New York. The Classic 4-inch Paring Knife has the following features:
- The Classic Paring knife is a small, light and flexible knife which is used to peel, cut, clean and decorate fruits and vegetables.
- The knife is made of high-carbon German stainless steel
- It has a forged blade and bolsters which provide weight and is safe to use
- Its handle is full-tang triple-rivet
- It is handy and easy to use
- The Classic Paring Knife can easily be washed using a mild cleanser
- It has a lifetime warranty offered by the manufacturer
- It is made of stain resistant carbon steel to make it more durable
Best Japanese Kitchen Knife Reviews: Tojiro DP Gyutou- 8.2 inches (21 Cm)
Many kitchen knives reviews describe Tojiro DP Gyutou – 8.2″ (21cm) as one of the best quality kitchen knife. It is a fantastic knife to use. It has a very sharp blade and is very handy.
The blade has a heel found at the back end of its blade which means that the knife edge does not rest on the board when you chop.
In spite of the minor negative feedback, Tojiro DP Gyutou is still worth buying and can be a very useful and top kitchen knife for everyone.
The Tojiro DP Gyutou 8.2 inch knife is made in Japan. It is a good knife for those who are just starting to be a chef. The Tojiro DP Gyutou offers the following distinct features:
- The knife is made of Stain-Resistant Steel.
- It has a double-edged blade and a composite wood handle.
- Tojiro DP Gyutou can be used by a right or left-handed user
- Tojiro DP Gyutou is available in different sizes that will meet everyone’s needs. The available sizes are 7 inches, 8.2 inches, 9.4 inches and 10.5 inches.
- The knife can either be hand-washed or dish-washed. However, it would be advisable to hand wash the knife to retain its sharpness.
Best Cutlery Kitchen Knife Set Reviews: Chicago Cutlery Fusion Knife Block Set 1090390, 18 pcs, Stainless Steel
Chicago Cutlery started in 1930 catering to the knife conditioning services of the professional butchers and packing plants. However, Chicago Cutlery shifted from just being a knife conditioning service to a knife manufacturing business in 1969 which started to cater to the demands of the meat and poultry industry. Chicago Cutlery has been making the Fusion Knife Block Set 1090390 which has 18 pieces stainless steel knives are the best cutlery knives and best kitchen knives set.
Chicago Cutlery Fusion Knife Block Set 1090390, 18-Pieces, Stainless Steel, The Chicago Cutlery Fusion knife, the best kitchen cutlery set is worth its cost. Its features are teeming with good usability benefits. It can be the exact kitchen knife any budding chef needs to get their work done more efficiently.
There are some issues concerning durability. However, most are because of how the product has been handled. With proper usage, any item will surely extend its longevity.
No one can expect a product to receive purely positive remarks. It all depends on which side of the coin you choose to emphasize. Despite some cons, the pros of Chicago Cutlery Fusion Knife Block Set 1090390 are still outstripping the alleged drawbacks. Thus, trying it out is still a wise choice.
The Fusion Knife Block Set offers these different features:
- The kitchen knife is made of high carbon stainless steel
- It has a forged blade
- It has a polymer handle grip or handle
- The fusion knife is sharp and can be sharpened easily
- It has a strong hard blade which can resist stains, rusts and pitting
- The handles are black nonslip cushion which allows a firm grip on the knife
- The Chicago Cutlery Fusion set includes a Peeler, a Parer, Utility, a Flatware Steak Knives, Partoku, Serrated Bread, Santoku, Chef, Slicer, Sharpening Steel and Honey Maple Block.
- Fusion Knife Block should be hand washed so that it will maintain its sharpness
Best Stainless Steel Knife Block Set Reviews: Ginsu 7108 Chikara 8-Piece Stainless Steel Knife Set with Bamboo Block
Ginsu 7108 Chikara Stainless Steel Knives are made in Walnut Ridge, Arkansas. It is an 8-piece set with a bamboo block. The bamboo storage block with a beautiful bamboo finishing will not only complement your kitchen, but it can also protect your cutlery.
The product’s features mentioned above already define its benefits. It must be hand washed only. The product’s cons are very minimal, and its features all give an impression of quality. Thus, it’s generally deemed as a product worthy of a recommendation.
Ginsu 7108 Chikara 8-Piece Stainless Steel Knife Set with Bamboo Block have the following features:
- The steel knives are especially made for chopping, dicing and slicing.
- The knife is full tang.
- It has rounded Japanese-style handles which are made of heat and water resistant resin.
- The rust-resistant stainless steel blades control the sharp edge.
Best Kitchen Cutlery Set: Chicago Cutlery 19 Piece Knife Block with In-Block Sharpener and Cutting Board, Stainless Steel
This 19 (nineteen) Piece knife (chicago cutlery knife set) block with in-block sharpener and Cutting Board was manufactured by Chicago Cutlery. Chicago Cutlery Insignia Steel 19 Piece Knife Block with In-Block Sharpener and Cutting Board, Stainless Steel knives can be an ideal gift item because of some features that these knives pose.
Chicago Cutlery knives-19 piece set can be relied on for efficient food preparations. The set includes a peeler, parer, boning, utility, a serrated bread knife, Santoku, a slicer, chef, shears, a steak knife, a block which has an in block knife sharpener and a wooden cutting board.
There were some complaints about delivery delays. However, this is not crucial at all. The 19 piece knife set has received positive kitchen knives set reviews. Many users highly recommend buying and using the Chicago Cutlery Knives Set.
Some of these features are:
- Chicago Cutlery 19-piece Knife Block is made of high carbon stainless steel.
- The blades are forged and its handles are made of stainless steel
- The knives have a taper grind edge which can provide sharpness for accurate cutting. It is also easy to sharpen.
- The high carbon stainless steel makes the blade strong and hard that can resist stains, rust and pitting
- The full metal tang from the tip of the blade to the end of the knife makes the knife firm and balanced.
- Chicago cutlery knife set has a lifetime warranty offered by the manufacturer
Victorinox Kitchen Knives Set Reviews: Victorinox 4-3/4-Inch Straight-Edge Pointed-Tip Steak Knife, Set of 6, Rosewood Handles
RH Forschner is made by Victorinox in Switzerland. The Straight-Edged Pointed-Tip Steak Knife is preferred by professionals for its good quality. Victorinox 4-3/4-inch Straight Edge Pointed-Tip Steak Knife offers the following features which make it more efficient.
The Victorinox kitchen knives set has been recommended by satisfied users as a fantastic and excellent knife made of high quality materials.
Some users have negative comments about the handle of the Victorinox kitchen knife set. They have sensed that the handle of the knife has a distinct, bad smell.
Despite the slight issues reported, the entirety of the product still undoubtedly exudes quality, which means that it remains to be a remarkable product to welcome in our kitchen.
The following are some of main features of Victorinox 4-3/4-Inch Straight-Edge Pointed-Tip Steak Knife, Set of 6, Rosewood Handles:
- High carbon stainless steel blades that can provide optimum sharpness. The blade can be re- sharpened so that it can maintain its sharpness.
- Victorinox kitchen knife is durable.
- The blade is stamped from cold-rolled steel.
- It has a classic rosewood handle which is designed to provide balance and comfort as you use it.
- It is easy to clean because it can be hand washed.
- Victorinox kitchen knife is so thin that it can also be used as a utility knife. It can also be used to open a letter envelope and can also be used as a general kitchen knife.
Best Japanese Chef Knife Reviews: Yoshihiro VG10 16 Layers Hammered Damascus Gyuto Japanese Chefs Knife 8.25 in (Western style Mahogany Handle)
The Gyuto knife is made by Yoshihiro in Japan. It is a flexible chef knife that a chef can have to prepare food for every meal. It is used for dicing, slicing and chopping products or ingredients that you will use to prepare and cook food. Yoshihiro VG10 16 Layers Hammered Damascus Gyuto Japanese Chefs Knife 8.25 in (Western style Mahogany Handle) the best Japanese Chefs Knife has received good kitchen knives reviews for its best features.
The Yoshihiro VG10-16 Layers Hammered Damascus Gyuto Knife is an excellent and top chef knife. It has the sharpest blade that any chef would always want to have. The majority of the users have recommended buying and using this high quality and top kitchen knife.
If you really consider purchasing this kitchen knife, you have to take extra care in the maintenance of its wooden handle. The wooden handle will crack or warp if it is exposed to water. To avoid this thing to happen, you should see to it that the handle is clean and thoroughly dry.
With proper care, the product can really last long. It is designed to be an effective kitchen buddy for both average and professional cooks.
- The Gyuto Japanese Chefs knife is made of quality materials which can provide optimum sharpness of its blade. It can be re-sharpened to maintain its sharpness and durability.
- It has a Mahogany wood handle which has a full tang to provide a balanced construction.
- The steel blade is forged, having a Western style curve blade for quick chopping.
- The forged and hammered blade reduced friction and prevents the food from sticking to the blade.
Wusthof Knife Set Reviews: Wusthof Classic 5-Piece Studio Knife Set
The Wusthof Classic 5-Piece Studio Knife Set is made and crafted by the Wusthof family in Solingen, Germany in 1814. Wusthof has a good reputation in making quality knives. The Classic is one of their best creations. The Classic 5-Piece wusthof knife set is an ideal size to use and keep if you have a smaller kitchen. The Wusthof knife Classic set includes the essential knives: the cook’s knife for chopping and mincing, the utility knife for slicing, the parer for peeling and paring.
The Wusthof knife is well balanced and nice to hold. Some chefs find this German knife very useful and comfortable to use. Some chefs, however, have criticized the small size of the knife. They claimed that the knife is only good for those chefs with a small hand. The product’s general efficiency in the kitchen is undeniable. Thus, no matter what, it’s still a product worthy of your keeping.
Some other features are as follows:
- The Classic has a tough handle with a full tang and the traditional three rivets to keep the knife handle and the blade secured.
- Its edge is laser-tested to provide uniform cutting and durable sharp edge.
Kitchen Knives Set Reviews: Chicago Cutlery Belden 15-Piece Block Knife Set
The Belden 15-Piece Block Knife Set is manufactured by the Chicago Cutlery in China. It is a forged blade steak knife. Chicago Cutlery Belden 15-Piece Block Knife Set has a curved handle and angled bolster that can give a big bang on the shelves and on the consumer’s kitchen counter.
The Chicago Cutlery Belden 15-Piece Block Knife Set is a good quality knife. It is sharp, and it has a favorable weight. Some users consider the positioning of the Cutlery knives quite awkward. The product’s compelling features surpass any trivial bane it has. Thus, it’s still a product to consider on the top of your list.
To give you more idea about the Belden Knife Set, here are some of its features:
- Having a taper grind edge.
- It has a full metal tang that can provide additional strength, balance and control
- It has high-quality stainless steel blades with a stainless steel and triple-rivet polymer handle.
- The Belden Knife set makes cutting easy.
- The Chicago Cutlery Belden Knives have a superior quality and appearance.
Choose The Right Knife
After looking into some of the kitchen knives manufactured by different manufacturers, buying the right knife for kitchen will no longer be a problem. You can choose the best and top kitchen knife by reading different kitchen knives reviews.
On top of knowing the kitchen knives reviews of the most famous brands, you should also know the exact item you want to purchase. There are knives which are specially made for a specific purpose. The kitchen knives are made of different materials, like Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, High Carbon Stainless Steel, Laminated, Titanium, Ceramic and plastic. You should know which type of kitchen knife you truly need.
The Steel blades are either forged or stamped. The forged blade knives are made by skilled manual labor or craftsmen. It is thicker and heavier compared to the stamped blade knives. The forged blade knives are made using a solid or powdered steel alloy which is subjected to heat. The steel alloy is powdered or crushed while it is still hot to form the blade. The blade is then polished and sharpened. On the other hand, stamped blades are directly cut from cold-rolled steel. It is also crushed, polished and sharpened after subjected to heat. However, stamped blade knives are not used by the chefs as they prefer the forged blade knives.
Kitchen Knife Edges
Kitchen knives have different edges. These edges are: the grind, the profile and away from the edge. These edges are designed for a specific use. Some kitchen knife blades are serrated. This kind of blade can help you slice or cut things that are hard outside and a soft interior like bread and tomatoes. Serrated blades are saw-like blade.
Kitchen Knife Handle
Kitchen knife handles are made of different materials such as wood, plastic, composite and stainless steel. These handles allow you to hold or grip the knife properly and safely.
A wood handle is considered as the most attractive handle. It can provide the user a comfortable and a good grip. The wooden handle is not easy to maintain because the wood varnish is not water-resistant. This will eventually cause cracking or warp in the wood.
The plastic handle is easy to maintain and handle. It does not absorb germs. However, plastics are less resistant to ultraviolet damage which can make the plastic brittle. Some plastics are slippery; hence, you have to be very careful in handling or using them.
The Composite knives with a composite handle are preferred by most chefs because they are easy to handle. Composite handles have similar appearance, weight and grip for hardwood. They durable and they have a laminated and shiny appearance.
Stainless Steel Handle
The most durable and clean knife handle is the stainless steel. The stainless steel handles have ridges or bumps and indentations to give the user extra grip on the handle. One disadvantage in using a stainless steel handles is that the knife weighs heavy. This will affect balance and will cause more fatigue in the hand and wrist while using the knife. It is therefore important that the materials used in making the handle of the kitchen knife should not be taken for granted because this will affect the quality of your work.
Types of Kitchen Knife
There are different types of kitchen knives that can help you speed up your work. These types are the common kitchen knives, the meat knives and the cheese knives. The common kitchen knives include the chef’s knives, paring, utility, and bread and butter knives. Know what exactly you need to purchase the right item for your kitchen. To know the knives, try to find informative kitchen knives reviews.
In order to make the best buying decision, do two very important things: know what exactly you need and read other people’s experience or kitchen knife reviews about your target brand. As you specify your need and as you read reliable kitchen knives reviews, you’re bound to grab the best deal you deserve.
Best carving knife set reviews, information and buying guide.
Best cooking knives set – A must for every kitchen.